WHO WE ARE, WHAT WE DO
SORG was founded in 1872 in the Thüringen Forest area of Germany. Following World War II, SORG relocated to Lohr am Main where we continue to grow and develop. Today SORG is the leader in glass melting and conditioning technologies. We solve customer’s problems, keeping their investments safe and sustainable.
THE SORG® PHILOSOPHY
OUR DRIVE, OUR PROMISE
SORG is a family owned business with family values. We maintain close customer ties through long furnace campaigns. Many of these relationships go back decades. SORG will be there when customers have problems. At SORG, we believe that engineering and service are two sides of a coin.
INDUSTRY CHANGING INVENTIONS
Sorg® believes in continuous innovation so that we can provide our customers with ever improving solutions. We listen to customers and their needs to develop the right high quality solutions and services. SORG is a longtime technological leader and never a follower. We have been granted 89 patents.
These patents include ground breaking innovations such as the VSM® and Deep Refiner®. The Deep Refiner concept has been copied and adopted by many manufacturers.
Another game changer was the refining bank. This is an integral part of the FlexMelter, Boro-Oxi-Melter®, LoNOx®, and OxEcon® furnaces. Very recently this has been used to produce solar glass. The refining bank has also been implemented on a classic endport furnace to produce high quality containers.
BUNDLED EXPERIENCE, UNIQUE PRODUCTS
“SORG” stands for a group of companies whose abilities and experiences compliment one another to be able to provide a unique offering of products and services. These technologies range from the delivery and storage of raw materials through conditioned glass and cullet return systems.
Stays in the family: The group now belongs to and is managed by the fourth and fifth generations of the SORG family. The individual companies who only serve the glass industry currently employ over 450 employees worldwide.
We perform all services necessary on the hot end of the glass industry. At SORG, engineering and services are two sides of a coin.
EME MASCHINENFABRIK CLASEN GmbH (EME)
EME® is one of the leading suppliers of batch weighing, dosing conveying and cullet management systems to the glass industry.
SORG KERAMIK SERVICE GmbH (SKS)
SKS® is a world leader in the area of furnace construction and maintenance. SKS specializes in hot repairs of all natures, emergency or planned measures. Their combination of endoscope inspections, ceramic welding and refractory repairs will keep your furnace running long and efficiently.
AT YOUR SERVICE
YOUR POINT OF CONTACT.
You have a special question or wish to get a hold of us. Our employees are at your service.
Phone: +49 9352 507 114
Together with his father Helmut and uncle Karl-Heinz Sorg, Alexander leads the group in the 5th generation.
SORG® FOR THE FUTURE
OUR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
The environment means a great deal to us. For that reason, we design furnaces to minimize NOx and CO2 emissions. SORG has always been able to develop technology to meet ever lower environmental limits. SORG products have always been known for their energy efficiency and development continues.
Glass recycling in many countries has a positive impact on the environment. SORG has furnaces operating at cullet percentages of 70 % and higher.
Together we can achieve more. For this reason, Sorg® is a member of the following associations.
- The Deutsche Glastechnische Gesellschaft e.V. (DGG) accepts as members all persons who deal with glass-related problems. DGG promotes the knowledge of its members in respect of developments in the field of glass as well as the contact among them. Alexander Sorg sits on the Executive Board. http://www.hvg-dgg.de/en/home/dgg.html
- The HVG is a non-profit research association of the German glass industry with currently about 45 member enterprises and more than 50 affiliated subsidiary plants and enterprises. Dr. Matthias Lindig is a council member. http://www.hvg-dgg.de/en/home.html
- Member of VDMA (Verband Deutscher Maschinen- und Anlagenbau, Mechanical Engineering Industry Association) which represents over 3.100 mostly medium-sized companies in the capital goods industry, making it the largest industry association in Europe. http://www.vdma.org/en/ueber-uns
- Blue Competence Group for sustainability. SORG was an early memeber of the VDMA’ Blue Competence initiative. http://www.bluecompetence.net/
- Association: Friends of the Glass School Zwiesel.